When: November 1-11, 2013
Where: Hyatt Fair Lakes, Fairlakes, VA
Application Deadline: May 24, 2013
Cost: $500 + Travel to event. This cost covers shared lodging and meals plus all training materials for the 10 days of the training, as well as transportation and lodging in New York City for the Atlas Liberty Forum and Freedom Dinner November 11-14, 2013. Atlas is able to offer this reduced price thanks to it’s generous sponsors.
The Atlas Think Tank MBA trains and inspires talented individuals to become successful “Intellectual Entrepreneurs (IE)” who can effectively advance Atlas’s vision of a free society. Approximately 20 – 25 think tank leaders from across the globe participate in this 10 day program, which will be held in Fairfax, Virginia November 1-11, 2013.
The program draws from both private sector and non-profit instructors who have applied expertise in topics that we have identified as key to developing and managing an effective think tank. The curriculum also includes case studies from different parts of the world (we anticipate that the majority of participants will be from outside the U.S.) in order to demonstrate the cross-cultural importance of these “best practices,” and to instill confidence that the participants can emulate these examples in their own countries.
The training program is divided into six modules, which include:
1. Strategic Thinking – This module emphasizes the importance of developing a sound business plan for your institute, and includes drafting a situational appraisal and S.W.O.T. analysis, as well as evaluation and measurement techniques to assess your performance as a think tank.
2. Strategic Communication and New Media – This module emphasizes the understanding and importance of working with media as well as properly crafting your message to your targeted audience. This will include some technical instruction on both website design and effective social networking.
3. Group Campaigns – This module is a practical application exercise in which teams will design, plan, execute, and present a collaborative group project on a policy/advocacy issue of your choice. This module allows participants to work collaboratively with one another to apply what has been taught up to this point.
4. Fundraising – This module teaches the basics of growing and sustaining a donor base by developing fundraising tools and crafting a sales pitch for your institute. This will include topics such as donor prospecting, proposal writing, direct mail, high-end relational fundraising and how to use your board in relation to fundraising.
5. Leadership Development – This module will introduce ingredients for how to build a high-performing team – with sessions on personnel management, leadership styles, and case studies on successful think tanks and think tank leaders.
6. Operational Management – This module covers the “nuts and bolts” that support a smoothly functioning institute, including the role of the board, legal governance, financial stewardship; and office structure.
Participants of the training will leave with the beginnings of a comprehensive Strategic Plan tailored for the needs of their organization or project.
The entire program will take place at the Hyatt Fair Lakes in Fairfax, VA and the closest airport is Dulles International Airport, VA.
Hyatt Fair Lakes
12777 Fair Lakes Circle
Fairfax, VA 22033
Participants of the Think Tank MBA will also have the opportunity to attend the Liberty Forum and Freedom Dinner taking place November 13-14th in New York City. While these events are not mandatory, these meetings do provide valuable opportunities to showcase your institute to global audience through the annual Elevator Pitch Competition.
Registration for this valuable training is $500 – which covers the cost of the training, shared lodging, all course materials, and the majority of meals during the training as well as the trip to New York City. Participants are responsible for additional costs associated with attending this event, including transportation to and from the training as well as the trip to New York City.
For more information, contact Cindy Cerquitella at email@example.com